Tour South Africa With Us
If you are planning a choral tour to South Africa, the Western Cape and Garden Route, contact us for a customised musical experience.
We’ll take care of all your travel arrangements and book your choral performances. We offer a great variety of destinations in the area for an unforgettable adventure.
The Garden Route of South Africa is one of the most beautiful places in the world and is regularly visited by international performing groups from across the world. The central city of this region is George, providing diverse cultural facilities and experiences that will ensure memories to last a lifetime!
This 300-kilometer (190 mi) stretch of the south-western coast of South Africa, extends from Mossel Bay in the Western Cape to the Storms River in the Eastern Cape. The name comes from the verdant and ecologically diverse vegetation encountered here and the numerous lagoons and lakes dotted along the coast. It includes towns such as Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Mossel Bay, Little Brak River and Nature’s Valley; with George, the Garden Route’s largest city and main administrative centre.
It has an oceanic climate, with mild to warm summers, and mild to cool winters. It has the mildest climate in South Africa and the second mildest climate in the world, after Hawaii, according to the Guinness Book of Records. Temperatures rarely fall below 10 °C in winter and rarely climb beyond 28 °C in summer. Rain occurs year-round, with a slight peak in the spring months, brought by the humid sea-winds from the Indian Ocean rising and releasing their precipitation along the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma Mountains just inland of the coast.
The Route is sandwiched between the aforementioned mountains and the Indian Ocean. The Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma indigenous forests are a unique mixture of Cape Fynbos and Temperate Forest and offer hiking trails and eco-tourism activities. Nearly 300 species of bird life are to be found in a variety of habitats ranging from fynbos to forest to wetlands.
As your host, the South Cape Music Academy plans your visit and itinerary with you, endeavoring that your costs are kept within budget.
We provide you with:
- Several high-profile single or joint-concert events in different cities, including quality acoustical concert halls, museums, churches and cathedrals;
- Cultural exchange workshops with ethnic choirs and groups;
- Sightseeing: Table Mountain, Hout Bay, Robben Island, the Victoria and Albert Waterfront, the Cape winelands, the world famous Cango Caves, ostrich farms, game park drives, wildlife theme parks, scenic steam-railroad trips, museums, beaches, arts & crafts shopping.
- Quality hotel accommodation at affordable prices, including three meals per day and rehearsal facilities, or host-family accommodation;
- Luxury bus transport and tour guide, included in tour package;
- Media coverage for TV, radio, internet and newspaper publications, including posters, flyers and full-house audiences.
Click here to submit your tour information and we will send you a quotation and itinerary for your choral tour.